That would be me, Mrs. Moglie. Married to a native Italian, Mr. Marito.
Mother to a daughter in high school, Ms. SmartyPants and a son in middle school, Mr. Uometto.
Employed at a private British School as an English teacher and Coordinator of Children's Studies.
Part of a small, but growing Protestant church in Frascati, a small town in the hills just outside of Rome.


This is where I sometimes gripe, complain and grumble about the things I dislike, have yet to get used to or simply don't understand about bella Italia.
I do, however, have many people, places and things that I dearly love and I am more than aware of being blessed by each and every one of them.
Also - a few helpful posts for visitors to Rome or for newly arrived ex pats. Check the side bar for tags. I've even some recipes that I've borrowed, tweaked or invented. One thing I've come to love about Italy is how it's changed the way I eat - slow food !! Although ... I do miss Taco Bell ... and Jack in The Box ... and KFC ... and ::sigh::
Thanks for stopping by !!


Monday, September 20, 2010

Look Before You Leap and Check Before You Click

I just posted my very first web answer to the question, "How do you abbreviate signore in Italian?" I thought about the most thorough way to answer, typed it out, clicked to post and then proudly took a look at my little place in the worldwideweb of answers... happy... joy... yaaaay@me... whoopwhoop - and then... I realized that, at some point, I had forgotten to unclick the B for bold button and as a result, my answer is überbold and I appear to be incapable of using bold type in a responsible or coherent manner. DOH !!


*I made an account and logged in so I could go about editing my answer, but as it turns out, someone by the name of Wonderful Wanda beat me to it. The use of bold type is no longer haphazard, but she removed my abbreviation of Signora and my side note on pronunciation AND my other side note on diphthongs !! Hmm... I guess I was pushing it with the latter two, but I think the Signora abbreviation was rather relevant... or no? Ah well... and so it is in the world of worldwideweb answers.


Signore = Sig.
Signora = Sig.ra


On The Bright Side:
°bold, italic, underlined ... no matter. Someone's question will be answered, and that's what counts ^__^
°learning the merits of being a DoubleCheck-er 

No comments: