That would be me, Mrs. Moglie. Married to a native Italian, Mr. Marito.
Mother to a daughter in high school, Ms. SmartyPants and a son in middle school, Mr. Uometto.
Employed at a private British School as an English teacher and Coordinator of Children's Studies.
Part of a small, but growing Protestant church in Frascati, a small town in the hills just outside of Rome.


This is where I sometimes gripe, complain and grumble about the things I dislike, have yet to get used to or simply don't understand about bella Italia.
I do, however, have many people, places and things that I dearly love and I am more than aware of being blessed by each and every one of them.
Also - a few helpful posts for visitors to Rome or for newly arrived ex pats. Check the side bar for tags. I've even some recipes that I've borrowed, tweaked or invented. One thing I've come to love about Italy is how it's changed the way I eat - slow food !! Although ... I do miss Taco Bell ... and Jack in The Box ... and KFC ... and ::sigh::
Thanks for stopping by !!


Saturday, October 2, 2010

FIREPROOF - Christian Film


Last night we went to the town of Frascati for a free viewing of the film Fireproof, offered by our church. 

It's a very touching story about a man and a woman, having been married for a few years, facing the ins and outs of daily life, work, stress and outside influences, they come to the realization that they've "fallen out of love" with one another.





The real story begins when the man, a fireman, is given a challenge by his father to win back his bride's heart with actions and love that is based, not on human emotion that fluctuates with situations and circumstance, but on a love that comes from the One who created it. It stars Kirk Cameron from the 80's - early 90's series Growing Pains who is, himself, a Bible believing Christian. While still appearing in the occasional film, his focus and time go mainly into the work of evangelizing and sharing his Christian faith

A good time was had by all. A few words from our pastor, Mr. MokSaNyeem, a Lifehouse skit by the youth group, watching the film and then a pizza dinner for all. I'm not a huge fan of pizza, but it seems to taste all the much better with good fellowship and fun.


No comments: