That would be me, Mrs. Moglie. Married to a native Italian, Mr. Marito.
Mother to a daughter in high school, Ms. SmartyPants and a son in middle school, Mr. Uometto.
Employed at a private British School as an English teacher and Coordinator of Children's Studies.
Part of a small, but growing Protestant church in Frascati, a small town in the hills just outside of Rome.


This is where I sometimes gripe, complain and grumble about the things I dislike, have yet to get used to or simply don't understand about bella Italia.
I do, however, have many people, places and things that I dearly love and I am more than aware of being blessed by each and every one of them.
Also - a few helpful posts for visitors to Rome or for newly arrived ex pats. Check the side bar for tags. I've even some recipes that I've borrowed, tweaked or invented. One thing I've come to love about Italy is how it's changed the way I eat - slow food !! Although ... I do miss Taco Bell ... and Jack in The Box ... and KFC ... and ::sigh::
Thanks for stopping by !!


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Engrish is Fun !!

- visit THIS site or THIS blog for more Engrish fun -

Below are some examples of "Engrish" I've found in Rome

in reference to an ingredient? or a medical condition?
More photos after the jump

the breakfast of champions ... er ... losers, I meant losers

potato chips

a nice gift to send to your BFFs back home

reminds me of failblog's "oddly specific"

the only thing "black" about this snack is the packaging ... weirdness

a DIY business card maker at a local shopping center

children's shoe store
as bad as this looks, "titty" is the Italian spelling of "tweety" as in
"sylvester and tweety" - the cartoon character
Italians pronounce it TEE TEE ^__^


not exactly engrish
but what is meant to sound poetic (and in Italian, it does)
ends up sounding a little awkward in English

at first I thought this was another example of engrish
turns out that this is a less vulgar variation
of the more well known profanity.
Apparently, the Irish (possibly the Scots and Middle English too)
have 3 versions of the word, varying from least to most profane:
feck, fock and the last being that which is the most familiar to everyone


On the Bright Side
°none needed

No comments: